Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thing 12 Wikis

OK so I love it when the Thing is something I have done or am doing and I can breeze thru it with a minimum of learning. All right -- so I know that is not the purpose of 23 Things but it does help me "catch up"
I am a member of the SSLLI wiki. As such I have added content when we had to upload our project descriptions. One of my CPLA classes decided we wanted a wiki so we could stay in touch. (yeah right) I decided that it was a perfect learning opportunity so I went to PB wiki and set up a wiki for our class. Shared the information with my fellow students... the teacher and I were the only ones who ever contributed to it.
Unless you sign up for the updates, it seems to me that it takes time to remember to go to the wiki and look for changes. I question the Commoncraft video that the camping friends really went to the wiki that often checking things out.
I noticed that the Book Lovers Wiki cited in the Neflin write up has not been edited in over 11 months. So inquiring minds want to know.... How come? Did it not work as expected? Was no one using it? That example and my past experience does not inspire me to set one up for my library (if I had a library). Have wikis "shot their wad" --- everyone seems to be tweeting these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment