Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing Number 15: Rollyo

I hate adding my data to sites all over the web, even under an alias, so I opted out of creating a profile on Rollyo. However when I searched for topics there seems to be lists on just about everything. I did create a roll on Cleveland, TN. Since that is one of the places we are considering moving. But since I didn't log in I'm not sure anyone else can get to it or how to find its URL. I can see that if I was still a Reference Librarian how I could use this to record favs and do quick searches without wading thru thousands of google hits. That way I could use it as I moved from computer to computer. I did list the Cleveland entry from Wikipedia and it shortened it to just wikipedia. When I searched for something on my list it brought up a ton of articles from Wikipedia. Needless to say I went back and edited out the wikipedia entry. They do just fine without my help.

2 comments:

  1. Kevin went to college in Cleveland, TN. Where's the job opportunity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No job opportunity -- retirement. Has Barbershop, Emmaus, Kairos, a Chinese buffet, library, good house prices, near North Carolina. Did he like it when he was there?

    ReplyDelete