Friday, March 27, 2009

Thing 19 -- Other social sites

I am on Web-Juction. When I attended the CPLA class in Arizona everyone was hot to keep in touch with each other. Since Michael Porter (AKA Libraryman) was the instructor and is with Web Junction. He said someone might want to start a group on that site. I just looked at it (first I had to remember my password) and it looks like 4 out of a class of 20 signed up. It is OK but too many spots to go is too time consuming. PLA has started a new series of discussion topics. I happen to be the moderator of "Be a Better Manager" So far we have 6 members and no discussion.
I was talking to my SSLLI mentor the other day and I said that first everyone was on MySpace, then everyone moved to Facebook, now everyone is Twittering. I asked her what the next "big thing would be? She said that it wouldn't be a big thing it would be something small that happens to grab our attention for a little while.
I'm worn out from it all.... Could I be getting old? Nah! Just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment