Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thing 6 -- Flickr Mashup


You would think that being fairly computer literate these would be easy for me Ha Ha Not so. I couldn't use several of these tools since they wanted to download something and my computer settings wouldn't allow that. This one allowed me to link to Flickr and make a puzzle from one of my pictures. Of course then they want you to buy it. I suppose the Orange is going to clash with my pink background. Oh well, just screen the background and look at the picture by itself.
Hey, did you notice? 2 Things in Two days! Whoo Hoo. At this rate I will be caught up by the end of the month.
I just went back and read the Nelin post again. What do I think of sharing photos on line? Well I think everyone is out to make a buck by stroking the ego of the photographer. I also think however that there is a time and place for its convenience. I took pictures at my Dad's funeral that I was able to post privately but allow cousins who didn't attend to access. That made a difficult time a bit easier as I didn't have to deal with his photos over and over -- just send the link for access.
In the library -- hmm We have put photos on our web page and on myspace but loaded them straight from the computer without a flickr type interface.
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie,

    You are doing great! You have plenty to time to complete all the Things. We have six weeks left in the 23 Things program, and only three of those weeks will introduce new Things. Keep up the good work!

    Brad @ NEFLIN's 23 Things Blog:
    http://zzzsblogapalooza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete