Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing 14 -- Online Productivity Tools

One of the blogs I read said that NEFLIN cleverly disguised 443 things as 23. I think this may be one of the things they were talking about when they said that. "Wait there is more" I'm already overwhelmed with things to try. I looked at all three of the customize your home page. I still like to go to MSN when I open an explorer window. I do have my yahoo set up for weather where I am and where the kids live and with my favorite teams. I don't care for Yahoo's tv guide interface since you can't seem to tell it your favorite channels. I prefer the one on the Gainesville Sun website because it lets you customize it more. The Sun better have a good one since they stopped printing the weekly tv guide.

I tried one of the shared calendars when I was still working. My Admin Assist and I could both put things in so we would both know what was going on. The problem was that it was easier to talk and share than to use the calendar and have to talk anyway. I started using tada a couple of years ago. That lasted a week or so. Just too much effort to make a list when I have paper and a refrigerator with magnets handy. I guess I am just too 1.0 for most of these productivity tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment